Monday, July 22, 2019

Home Body

I am turning into a hermit. I like to stay home. I don't like to go out much. I like to stay in my sewing room and sew.

Lately I have been listening to a lot of podcasts while I sew. I discovered a few that I really like. I think the best one I have listened to is from CBC - Canadian Broadcasting Company. It's about a whole family of kids who were removed from their home and adopted out separately. As adults they all get back together except for one, Cleo. This story is about their search for her.

CBC does a really nice job, and there are no ads. I mostly listen through the one called "Someone Knows Something." It focuses on cold cases. I didn't realize this about myself, but I guess I'm kind of a cold case/crime stories junkie. I especially like them when they come to some sort of resolution. It's odd, because I don't like to read crime stories and books. But I'm liking the podcasts, and I like to watch TV shows such as Dateline and 20/20 (putting up with their dragged out, repetitious style).

While I listen to podcasts I make quilt tops and blocks:


This one was made by someone (not sure who) at our recent Sunshine retreat. I quilted it.


Today I'm going out to meet with my book club. That will be fun. When I come home, guess what I will do?!

3 comments:

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

I would love to know the pattern for the blue/purple quilt (third and fourth photos). It is stunning.

Carol E. said...

Nancy, Thanks.. that quilt was made using some new-to-me templates. They are made by Creative Grids and are called Scrap Crazy, designed by Karen Montgomery. It makes an 8-inch block.

I made that quilt using just a straight set; now I want to make it again and play with placement and/or deliberate color placement. It makes some interesting secondary patterns, esp. when monkeying with varied placements.

Louise said...

I'm a totally homebody, too. Everybody thinks that I love to travel, but that's really DH's thing. However, because we travel IN our home, I am already AT home. It works out great for both of us :)