Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Quilting and Coughing

I had two super busy weeks in June: first the retreat, then a conference. After that I was exhausted, and I knew I was coming down with something. Dang. I have been sick ever since. Coughing, coughing, feeling miserable, but in between naps I sometimes found a bit of energy to do some machine quilting. So I managed to get these five tops done. Three of these quilts have backings made from free fabrics I got from Darci at Field Trip Quilting. She gave me some big pieces of yardage. They made many, many backs which came in very handy for those 142 tops we made at the retreat. VERY helpful; thank you, Darci. All of these quilts, and the ones we made at the retreat, will be donated to kids gets oral cleft surgeries and to kids in orphanages in underserved areas around the world.




Those last two were made at the retreat and are already done! That feels good. We divvied up the tops and sent some to other volunteers, so almost all the tops were spoken for. Team work! It was amazing. I still have several from the retreat but will be mailing some of them out, so my pile of tops is not that daunting. Yay!

Because I was still sick through all this, my life was just a series of naps, coughing attacks, and sewing, followed by more naps. I finally went to the doctor and found that I had pink eye along with some allergic reactions, which I have NEVER had this late into the season, but I guess it's that kind of a year. The doctor gave me four different medications!

I'm slowly crawling out of the hole and feeling better. Now, some energy is creeping back in, so I think I'll go finish another top.

3 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Hang in there - so glad you finally went to the doctor. Hoping those meds help you recover quickly now.

Louise said...

Yucko! No fun to be sick. I'm glad you had a little sewing to distract yourself. Thanks for including the photos of the backings. Is it weird that I enjoy seeing them? Sometimes that's all that shows in the photos we get from Rotoplast, so it might be useful to have a record of those backs.

I should have a good address in about 2 weeks for you to send my sponsored retreat tops. That will be one less stack getting underfoot for you :)

BrendaLou said...

Get better my friend. Take your meds. Sleep. Think good thoughts. Sew. Take it easy. Hugs.