Monday, June 03, 2019

Blocks, Finally

I am participating in a Block of the Month project designed by Gudrun Erla. She designed blocks inspired by the sites she saw while walking around the city of Paris. First block was revealed in May, and the June block is due in a couple of days, so I wanted to hurry and get the May block done. I just made it! We were directed to make four of these. This block is based on the windows at Notre Dame. I am eager to see the next block. (I hope we don't have to make four each month. These took me forever.)


B. and I have been busy planning and organizing a Sunshine retreat which will happen here in Minnesota next week! The people who attend the retreat will be making quilt tops for kids' quilts. Last time we retreated we made over 170 tops! I wonder what we'll do this time. B. and I had the idea to make some extras.. these arrows, we thought, will look cute interspersed into the quilt tops as deemed appropriate by the makers. B made a ton of them, but I only managed this one so far. Maybe I'll have time to make another couple of them this week. I'm looking forward to the retreat! (The arrows are from an arrow quilt pattern by Terry Atkinson.)




1 comment:

Louise said...

The arrows will be a fun addition to the Mendota blocks! Your Paris blocks are really interesting, and look time consuming. Will you be staying with this color palette for the entire BOM?