Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Book Review: This is a Book

This is a Book by Demetri Martin by Demetri Martin

In all honesty, I didn't really read this whole book. I skimmed through all of it and read about half of it. Demetri Martin is a comedian (but again, to be honest, I had never heard of him). This book is kind of crazy. Kind of funny but just too odd for my taste. You can pick it up and read one selection, or one chapter. He can tell a somewhat long story about a megaphone, for example, that is sort of cute and funny, but... there is always a "but" for me. It never really tickled my funny bone. Most of these stories would be better told aloud, or, to save time, don't bother to read them at all and your life will go on as happily as ever. In fact, you'll have more time to read something truly great.


Here's an interesting before and after of an apartment building (I don't recall where it is).







No comments: