Tuesday, April 09, 2019

Book Review: Peace Like a River

Peace Like a River by Leif Enger

This book is beautifully written! Enger's language is superb. A family experiences a tragedy and it sends them on a long expedition. It's a story of family, love, growing up, right and wrong, honesty, faith.

Confession: it took me a long time to read this, because I kept putting it down and interrupting it with other books. However, the writing was so great that coming back to this book was never a jolt. I picked up where I left off and was drawn right back in by the great writing and strong characters.


I want a cozy book nook in my house! Do you have one?

1 comment:

Nann said...

Enger is indeed a wonderful writer. Be sure to read his most recent novel, Virgil Wander. (It was published in 2018.)