Thursday, June 01, 2017

A Visit to Farm Country

Recently I attended a bridal shower for my nephew's fiancée. It took place in a small town in southern Minnesota, farm country. Husband decided to go with me, which I really appreciated, because I don't like doing all that driving by myself.

The shower took place in this town: Welcome to Welcome, population 686.
You know you are in farm country when the vehicles are in a constant state of dustiness (they live on a gravel road).

the shower:
Our great-nephew made an appearance. He's 6 months old already!


After the shower we went to my SIL and BIL's farm, and to BIL's parents' farm. It was lots of fun seeing a farm up close. I didn't see any animals other than dogs, though. (Hubby watched an interesting cattle-feeding procedure.)

I thought of Julie S. and her barn-building quilt book. Maybe I'll make a barn block based on this:

a 97 year-old farmer (BIL's father)

The middle guy is our nephew, the fiancé to the bridal shower fiancée.

In case you are wondering, yes, I have been to these farms before, but it has been several years since I actually looked around and paid attention. It was fun! My sister-in-law, who grew up in cities and towns, is happy as a clam living on a farm. It's very sweet.

3 comments:

BrendaLou said...

Barn Quilt!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That was a little bit of a drive. Congrats and best wishes to the engaged couple. I bet you will figure out how to do the quilt block for sure!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Oh you did share some great barn photos! Thanks for the book's shout out.