Saturday, March 25, 2017

Some Sewing

Time has flown, and it has been too long between posts. I'm happy to be back to my little blog. I will now show you some of the sewing I have been doing and which I have neglected to post here at blogland.

One of my small groups learned how to make these funky birds, and I have had fun continuing to make them past our little project that we assigned ourselves. I have a few more that I haven't even photographed yet. These will go into a quilt soon (I hope).

I made these blocks in February and sent them off to Texas, but they never arrived. If, for some reason, they landed on your doorstep, wouldn't you love to return them to me?

This is new fabric which I bought on Thursday, and made this bag on Friday. (The fabric is from Free Spirit.) I love how the bottom turned out (just a happy accident in my world).

a smaller, kid-size bag

some quilt tops for Quilts Beyond Borders- will be quilted by another volunteer

The first two (below) were donated to a free clinic in this area. The third is mine, for now.. I'm deciding where it should go. And the fourth is one of my most recent Works in Progress.

4 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

You have been VERY busy!

Anonymous said...

I know sewing is faster than knitting, but wow! You really are fast productive. The birds are FUN and I have always been fond of cloth bags, so that caught my eye too. love the fabric. I just love the splash of colors I get to see when I come here. Happy Saturday!

Geri said...

I love your birds, they are so colorful, I especially like the quilt with feet.

Carol E. said...

Thanks, everyone. Yes, I had a very productive stint there... must be why I forgot to post at the blog. I was just too busy sewing! Sure was fun!