Wednesday, January 25, 2017

My Quilts in Ethiopia!

Last September a group from Quilts Beyond Borders went to Ethiopia to distribute 270 quilts to infants and kids in orphanages. I think they may not be strictly orphanages in the sense we usually understand that term, because some of the moms are there as well. The moms very much enjoyed learning how to sew. The QBB team felt blessed to be there, hand out quilts, teach some sewing skills, and make new friends. Recently they shared a bunch of pictures from their trip.

I feel blessed to see some of my quilts in the pictures they shared! Here they are:

I made this blue quilt. Someone else quilted it. The woman on the left is wrapped in it for the photo, but the quilt will go to her child who was in school at the time the photo was taken.

Here you see the orange top I made. It also was quilted by someone else. In the first picture it is spread across the laps of these people... and the person peeking out shyly is wrapped in a green quilt that I made! Then the orange one is seen wrapping up the woman on the right.. maybe a family member of the group in the first photo (I'm guessing).

In this last photo, I am not positive I made this pink quilt, but it looks familiar. It is made of "Tahoe Blocks" that we made as a group through Sunshine Guild. I either put this one together, or one similar to it. Either way, it is fun to see quilts made by me and by Sunshine being given away and used. It is a rare treat to see them in pictures.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love it when there is confirmation that a quilt really got to someone and that they are happy about it.

Quiltdivajulie said...

WONDERFUL photos -- so great to see those smiling faces wrapped in quilted hugs.

Cathy said...

Isn't that exciting! Wonderful job, Carol!