Sunday, January 22, 2017

Loose Threads, January

My small group, Loose Threads, met again in January.. we had not all managed to be together for a while (and still two were missing, but it was fun to see those who could make it).

We had a beautiful Show and Tell. What talent in this small group! We were mostly showing our challenge quilts. Challenge was to use some dot fabrics by Kaffe Fassett. Here we go:

by Karrie
by Arlette
by Andrea - this one is a different quilt, not part of the dot challenge
Below is Andrea's dot challenge quilt:

by Sunny

Two by me, in three pictures-- second picture shows the detail of embroidery on a sweater from Goodwill that I included in the quilt.. I wasn't so sure I liked my first one, so I made a second one. That one is even less successful, but hey.. I'm trying new stuff and learning. It's fun. My second one still needs a binding. My face? I don't know what on earth I was saying or reacting to.

The next one is a round robin Sunny participated in at another group. Hers turned out so beautiful!

The next two are also by Sunny. She is very prolific, creative, and she likes to explore new techniques.

The focus of our meeting was to learn Big Stitching from Andrea. She showed some of her earlier samples, then her current one which is a quilt she made in a Gwen Marston class. Then we all got to stitching. I'm pretty awkward at it. It's slightly more fun than regular hand quilting, but I don't know if it'll by my Thing. I will have to practice lots more.

No comments: