Friday, October 21, 2016

Sewing When I Can

Life has gotten busy again. It seems to be a normal occurrence for Fall. The leaves have been just beautiful. Sadly, I have not ventured out of the city too much to see great expanses of beauty, for example along a river or lakeshore. I did enjoy the beautiful colors along the freeway as I drove to my Wednesday sewing group. It's about 30 miles from home, so I had plenty of time to drink in the gorgeous fall colors. I'm trying to memorize them for enjoyment in my mind through the next few months of white and gray.


I have been trying to keep up with work on my weather quilt. It depicts the high temperature for every day of 2016. I have January-July sewn together. August-most of October is weighing down and distorting the top part in this picture, because they're not attached except with pins right now. When I finish August-December I will sew them all together. It's starting to show the return to blues and purples that will come with November and December. I think it'll be a pretty quilt when it's all done.


This week I attended an interpreter conference which was excellent. I do love my job; how lucky I was to "fall" into it so many years ago! I complain about having to attend workshops, but when they are well done it rejuvenates me and encourages me to be a better interpreter. Though I only work about five hours per week, I should strive to be the best I can during those five hours.

I'm in the middle of reading an excellent book and look forward to telling you about it soon.

2 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

I always had a series of autumn colorful leaves photos that I used as my screensaver at the office (where it was always darkish and very gray) to remind me of what was outside the office doors.

Your weather quilt is looking good -- what a fun concept.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You've made some progress on the temperature quilt. It's fun to see it put together like that. Gorgeous fall photo!