Friday, February 13, 2015

Friday Books: Leaving Time

Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult was a very interesting and well-researched book about elephants! When I picked this up to read, I had no idea that it features elephants. What a fun surprise! There were many facts about how elephants behave both individually and in groups. I have once again fallen in love with elephants (and don't worry, I'm still also in love with giraffes). In addition, of course, there are people who mess things up and then have to untangle their messes.

I'll admit I'm not a huge Picoult fan, but I liked this one. It made my heart ache for elephants and what we are doing to them (slaughtering for the harvest of their tusks). Will the end of elephants on this earth outside of zoos happen during my lifetime? I hope not.

The book got a little weird in the end, but I kept my mind open and managed to enjoy it. Good book! Give it a read; you'll be glad you did.

No comments: