Sunday, May 01, 2011

Yarn

April/May A-Z Challenge: Y is for Yarn



Today after church Charles and I went out for lunch. We went to a place where a former student of mine used to work... I wasn't sure if she still works there or not. I didn't see her, so I asked the manager and was happy to find out that she is still employed there! Hooray! Employment is good!

After lunch we stopped in a craft/fabric store. I bought some yarn to make a prayer shawl. I was VERY happy to see another former student working as a cashier! This particular student is such a nice and pleasant and attractive young woman. I always thought she was very employable, yet she struggled to get a job. When I left last spring she was still unemployed... so I was thrilled today to see her working, and she got to ring up my purchase! That made my day!! Employment is good!

I'm thankful for:
1) former students finding employment!
2) former students keeping employment!
3) the fun happenstance of bumping into former students!
4) lunch out with Charles
5) humor Sunday at church - silly and fun, while meaningful, too.

1 comment:

Pattilou said...

It's always rewarding to follow former students. There are so many times we run into a former student of my husband--he's had many. One time we were stranded with some car troubles and guess who fixed our car--a former student. Gotta love it. Touching story.