Saturday, December 05, 2009

December Starts Off With a Bang

Friday - left work early to run a couple errands and rush home to meet the furniture delivery truck. When I came home, they were sitting in the driveway! They brought us a new couch and a chair, but forgot one piece.

Saturday morning - UMW Christmas meeting at church. Good company, good food, good deeds, good time. I'll be the president starting in January, so I had a short indoctrination meeting with the outgoing prez.

Back home - the furniture guys came back with our missing piece, so now our furniture display is complete. Looks great, don't you think??




writing cards for home-bound members


yummy food!

Saturday afternoon/evening - opening reception and sale at Nettie & Friends! These are people who have made and donated hand-made items for sale to benefit special ed kids in St. Paul. This is my first year participating. What fun! The restaurant closes at 2:00. Nettie & Friends takes over at 4:00, uses the whole space to display all the "stuff," and officially begins the sale. Turn out was heavy, and sales were brisk. After this, the stuff will remain on sale, but in one small area of the restaurant. My friend, BeesKnees, showed up and bought some stuff (including a table runner I made). Isn't she nice?

Sunday (tomorrow) - the fun continues with a couple more outings and social gatherings which I will report on when they are completed. Wheeee! I'm spinning in circles!










chimney almost looks real - it's made of paper and cardboard


Nettie models a tea cozy



cashiers









my toys! I hope they sell



need a nose warmer? we have plenty!



I love this quilt! The logs are tiny; quilting is so cute!

here's my little quilt

7 comments:

Julie Sharer said...

Wow! Looks like a great event...wish I could've been there to shop! Your living room looks great. You are one busy woman; remember to breathe!! Hugs!

Julie Sharer said...

Oh...your package arrived a few days ago. Sorry, forgot to tell you. So now you have TWO comments from me in one day. ;-) Thanks!!

Nettie & Friends said...

Carol Wow! I had an idea some photos might show up on your blog! Thank you. They are lovely. You are the best. I'm off to sip a cuppa tea and check out Mindy's blog.

Twisted Quilts said...

It sounds like you had a busy but fun weekend.

Torina said...

Your new couch is fabulous. We have been hunting for a sectional to fit all the kids and more. That sale looks so fun. Tons of really cool stuff for a great cause.

Elaine Adair said...

Oh my, how nice to have lovely NEW stuff! Lovely furniture - not-so-sure on the nose warmers! LOL

Anonymous said...

I just knew you would post photos on your blog. That's why I didn't take any. Besides, I was too busy SHOPPING!!!