Saturday, August 01, 2009

Still Tired

photo from life-with-confidence dot com


It's amazing, but Charles and I are still tired after the wedding. Like physically worn out. I had no idea we had worked that hard, and/or that we had mentally exerted ourselves that hard. I'm surprised that we are still tired.

I went to the cabin to de-stress and have been taking it easy. But I'm still moving slowly around the house, and hardly doing anything. I put meals in the crock pot, and I sit on the deck and read. We have had the most beautiful weather for deck-reading! I love it! However, I don't read for long - I start to stare into space, day dream, or even doze off. Not making much headway in my book!

The good thing for me is that I'm not having to dash off to work and keep that insanity flowing through my brain. So I expect to get back to normal very soon... meanwhile poor Charles is trying to recover while also going to work every day. All I know is, this head- and heart-stress (even though it was good stress) wears out an old person! Whew!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember being like that after graduation parties..etc...

Cathie said...

Yes, I remember that I was tired for a few weeks after my first daughter's wedding. And my sister reports the same since her son just got married a few weeks ago.

BrendaLou said...

Here's your chance to vege out before you go back to work. Enjoy your summer....recharge your batteries, take life slowly. Hugs.