Saturday, May 12, 2007

Another Basket

I haven't worked further on the quilt pictured in my previous post. Thanks for your ideas. I don't have much of that yellow left, but I can see if they still have it at the store... it's one that I actually remember where I purchased it. I have a border idea in mind, but not sure if I know how to do it. So it's on my thinking back burner.

Today I made this smaller basket quilt. It's a block I made for the lotto, then won it back. I made this to give away but think I'll keep it. I like it except I wish the foliage in the basket showed up more.. it would be cuter with some dark purple flowers. I still have some other basket blocks. Not sure what they will all turn into.


I put together another red/yellow quilt top. These are for kids but some of them are turning out kind of adult-looking. I hope the kids like them... if nothing else, they'll like the bright colors.




3 comments:

Tracey in CT said...

I love seeing the pictures of what you are doing...so much fun! I sometimes run into the same thing when I'm making the donation quilts, they look too grown up. So to fix that, I make extra sure to use a really wild/fun KID print on the back. I figure that if the child isn't that impressed with the front, at least they'll love the back that way! On the other hand, there are always older kids that will appreciate the quilt not being so 'babyish'.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

I love that basket block, I've not seen that block before, Tracey

Carol E. said...

The basket block is from _block magic, too!_ by Nancy Johnson-Srebro.