Thursday, August 24, 2006

Happy Anniversary to Me!

Today is my husband's and my 31st wedding anniversary. Neither of us can figure out how we got to be this old! When hubby came home from work, I met him at the front door with a big hug and said "Happy Anniversary!!" He said "Is it today??" So I guess I'm not getting a dozen roses. Poor guy... I shouldn't make him sound like the typical TV husband who can't remember an anniversary. He does know when it is. He just thought that today's date was the 23rd and that our anniv is tomorrow. Oops.

We don't usually make a big deal of anniversaries, anyway. I made a new recipe for supper, and I sat and chatted with him while he ate. I must confess that I had miscalculated on the time, and dinner was ready about 20 min. before hubby came home, so the kids and I sat down and ate without him! I guess between the two of us we just don't know how to throw a big party!

We're both very happy, and our great marriage is an on-going celebration, so who needs a party?

Mother Nature is giving us a bit of excitement tonight - rain, thunder, hail in some areas, and tornadoes just south of us. The people at the State Fair are getting soaked!

3 comments:

Jessica Quirk said...

Congrats on 31 years! That's awesome. My parents will have their 32nd this year. You sound like a nice lady.

Tracey in CT said...

Happy Anniversary!

MARCIE said...

Hi Carol, Your profile doesn't say where you are. Are you in MN? I heard there were tornados in S. MN, and the State Fair there is really something! Congratulations on your anniversary and also your winning quilts! They are great!