Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Fun Day of Quilting

I spent the day finishing some UFOs. I had a good machine quilting session! That made me happy. Sometimes quilting is a real struggle. Today it went well, and I was pleased with the results. I have been concentrating on finishing UFOs which can be boring, but it feels good to get them done.



Here's my funky wall hanging. It was just a sample, technique piece in a class taught by Shelly Stokes. I liked it, so I added beads and tabs and hung it on my wall. This one follows Tonya's (Lazy Gal Quilting) willingness to break the rule about "always squaring up" your quilts. It's a little wonky and would be even more so if I hadn't shortened one of the tabs. I guess I'm still hesitant to be a total non-conformist. But I do admire Tonya's free spirit and thank her for being an inspiration!

2 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

Lots of fun. It looks great and if you'd squared it up you'd have lost some of it - what would be the point of that? I think your solution worked out great.

Tracey in CT said...

It looks great, Carol! I like the fact that that tab is shorter :-) I especially like the beads hanging down on the bottom.