Thursday, January 16, 2020

Giving Away Quilted Hearts

Have you heard of this little project: "I Found a Quilted Heart"? You can read about it here: Ifoundaquiltedheart.com


In a nutshell, you make a small, quilted heart and post it somewhere out in public for a random person to find. If you're lucky, the finder will go to that website and tell about finding the heart. I like doing this simple kind of random thing... sometimes I feel a little embarrassed, like it's just a silly thing. But some of the finders' stories are really poignant. They might find the heart on the anniversary of their child's death, or they find it right after getting engaged, or they find it after getting good (or bad) news regarding surgery, or they find it where they enjoyed their last walk with their grandma. Those stories make me keep making the hearts, even though I may never hear about "my" finders' reactions.

I will admit, I would love to hear more reports from finders than I do. I tell myself "Self, these hearts are out there just to give someone a little bright spot in their day, not for you to get a pat on the back" and I do believe that. Yet..it would be fun to get another report now and then.

Since I'm getting very little feedback from finders, I decided to show you pictures of a few of the hearts I have dropped around Minnesota. (I try to hide some every time I am in a different town or suburb from my own, and have left several in my own town as well.) And I'm excitedly looking forward to dropping these in an exotic place that I will be some time in the relatively near future (details will show up here, eventually).



If you decide to join in the fun, be sure to go to the IFAQH site and read the rules. There are some places we are not allowed to leave the hearts, and they want only certain wording on the little tags.

Here are the finders' photos (of hearts I made) from the site:

4 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

What a great idea - we had painted rocks here for a while but I've not seen anyone making the hearts.

joe tulips said...

I love this!

Carol E. said...

Yep, it's fun! Julie and Joe, you two would make beautiful hearts, I just know it.

Louise said...

Oh, so you have had a few documented finders! That's super! Your hearts are really pretty and it would such a delight to find one :)