Friday, April 06, 2018

Book Review: Across That Bridge

Across That Bridge: Life Lessons and a Vision for Change by John Lewis. In this jewel of a book, Rep. Lewis presents several categories which he suggests should be mastered in order to bring about meaningful change - to light the fire of a movement. All of these aspects were put into action in the Civil Rights movement in which Mr. Lewis played such an important role. The aspects include faith, patience, study, truth, love, and reconciliation. I learned so much about the Civil Rights movement, and what's more, the lessons he provides are timely today for the desire for change we see percolating in our society. Reading this book has given me hope and has renewed my resolve to keep working. We have within us the ability to affect change for the better and to live in truth. The tenets in this book can help us achieve our dreams.


my great niece demonstrating for sensible gun laws (I'm so proud of her!)

No comments: