Monday, September 18, 2017

My Words Quilt: I Love It!

I got my Words quilt back from the quilter, and I just love it! This is a huge quilt.. almost ten feet long! I worked on it for over five years. It was going to be a birthday gift to myself for my 60th birthday. Next week I'll be 65! My goal was to get it done by my 65th birthday. I don't know if I'll get it bound by then, but it's done enough for me to say I accomplished my goal.

It was custom quilted by Steffani Burton of Minnesota. She did a beautiful job!

Several of you made word blocks for me. Thank you so much. You helped make this quilt very special.


The backing is a Tula Pink fabric. I had my husband's name in a block from an abandoned project so I put it on the back with two little words added: "Carol loves."

4 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Absolutely fantastic!! Happy milestone birthday and congrats on the quilt finishing.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Happy upcoming birthday! That quilt is so special. I can see why you are happy with it.

Quilter Kathy said...

What a fabulous quilt! I love it!
The backing is fun too!
Congrats on the finish and on the big birthday!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That quilt turned out great. I love the tribute to your husband on the back, too.