Friday, July 01, 2016

Is it Friday Already?

How can it already be Friday? I haven't finished a book. I'm barely into one that I started several days ago. I think I have decided to slow down in my reading and enjoy it 100% rather than trying to push myself to finish a book each week. I always love reading, but I wanted to stop that inner pressure to get it done by Friday each week. So my Friday Books post won't necessarily be happening every Friday. I think you've already seen that pattern anyway. I started living it before I gave it a name and announced it.

So instead of a book review, I will show you this lovely painting which was part of the exhibit at the Museum of Russian Art that I recently visited in Minneapolis. I love this painting.


If it's as gorgeous where you are as it is where I am, we should both be outside reading like the woman in this painting. Here we go!

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Maybe you should do a "last Friday" review every month and maybe there will be more than one book some months.

Anonymous said...

Great reading painting!

Anonymous said...

Or you could just do a post whenever you finish. Why be rigid? I wonder if there is a UFO equivalent for reading a book?