Wednesday, October 28, 2015

End of Boutique - Success!

I am happy to report that my quilt sold. My friend, B, bought it to put on her mother's bed in the nursing home. It isn't a bed-size quilt, but it will be an extra layer for warmth, and it can also be a lap quilt for her mom. I am honored that she wanted to buy it for her mother.

The bigger of the two pillows I made also sold. Someone kept looking at it, coming back, debating with herself, leaving, coming back. Finally she bought it. Yay! The boutique took in a little over $500. I think that's on the high-average end of our usual take. I'm not sure. As usual, I'm tired but happy after a successful boutique.

5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I can see why your friend bought the quilt. It is really pretty. Her mother will probably enjoy running her fingers over all of the different fabrics.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a successful boutique. Out of curiosity, what happens to the items that didn't sell? Do they go back to the person who donated? Just curious because our church boutique folks asks the donating person's permission to use whatever may not sell as donations to a homeless shelter for use as Christmas gifts. Some folka want unsold items returned to them, others donate to the shelter.

BrendaLou said...

I bet it's a good feeling. I had actually thought of surprising you by coming, but a tad under the weather today. Glad it was a great success!

Carol E. said...

Gram: If things don't sell, the makers take back what they want to keep.. they have the choice of leaving it with us, and we sell the leftovers at church on the next Sunday after the boutique. If makers agree, the items are sometimes marked down to half-price. Some of the leftovers get donated to a shelter for survivors of domestic violence. All of these options can be decided by the makers of the leftover items. So it's very similar to your situation, having the option of donating them to a shelter.

Carol E. said...

BL: sorry you're under the weather! Get better soon.