Sunday, August 02, 2015

A Little Knitting


I have done very little knitting this year, but tonight I finally finished this scarf. I'm also working on a prayer shawl that is regular size yarn with smallish-size needles. That thing will take me forever. I like it, but I'm a slow knitter, and it has been in progress for six months and is about half done. So you can guess approximately when I'll finish it. I'm persisting, though. Next one I make might use some chunky yarn so it goes faster.

Did you visit my blog on Friday, hoping for a book report? Sorry I didn't have one ready. I'm re-reading Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. It's a long book; I have to have it done by next Sunday for a book group discussion. Hopefully I can tell you about it this coming Friday. (I read it years ago, but couldn't remember much detail, and I knew I wanted to re-read it anyway. I was glad my book group chose it. Kingsolver is one of my favorite authors.)

Have a great week! I get to have a tooth pulled on Wednesday! Ewww.

3 comments:

Betty said...

Hi Carol,
Can't wait to see what you have to say about "Poisonwood Bible". it is my all-time favourite novel and I have read it several times. Can't get enough of it. But I know that everyone does not agree.
Betty

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Poisonwood Bible and Kingsolver.

Anonymous said...

I like how the color worked on the scarf. Good luck with the tooth!