Monday, February 10, 2014

Quilty Week in a Couple Different Ways

I spent the last several days sewing like a maniac. I got these two quilt tops made, and these blocks:

this is for Margaret's Hope Chest


this is for Wrap a Smile

These blocks are my February contribution to Sunshine via Tammy ... the next photo shows the detail of that house that has a zipper for a door. There is something inside the house! (Can you see what it is? It didn't photograph very well.)


While I was on a roll, I also made my March blocks to send to Tammy:

four for Tammy to use for Sunshine,

and one for the winner of the Lotto


Then I stopped sewing, because I went to see my mom. It was super cold out, so we mostly stayed indoors. We watched a bit of the Olympics, did some reading, and I finished knitting a dish cloth. Then my sister came over and gave me two huge bags of scraps and blocks that I can use for donation quilts. Wow! What a treasure trove! These borders were already cut, so as soon as I came back home, I added them to the quilt top that had been in need of borders.

This is also for Margaret's Hope Chest. The colors are brighter than they appear in this photo.

I can hardly wait to play some more with all the fun treasures that are waiting to be discovered in these huge bags. Thanks, Sis!

2 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

Can't go wrong with a coin layout!

Like the hearts too.

(Posted a picture of your top on my blog today!)

Anonymous said...

Love the houses; the zipper door is a cool idea.