Saturday, November 23, 2013

A Baby Quilt for "Our Boy"

The family that my church adopted for Christmas has three kids. One is a boy who is one year old, and whose Christmas list asked for a blanket. Well.. you know I snatched that one right up so I could give him a quilt.

I had this top already made. It is made of the leftover 2.5-inch squares I used for a Halloween craft project at our Trunk 'N Treat event. The backing fabric is one I purchased in Germany.

I completed the quilting and binding today, on a cold stay-indoors-kind-of November day. I'm glad I found someone special to give it to.


I hope "our boy" enjoys this nice, warm quilt!

2 comments:

sophie said...

I cannot imagine a little boy that wouldn't LOVE that quilt. I'll bet he cherishes it forever.

Anonymous said...

How good that your church adopted that family and that you were there to see the blanket request!