Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I Did It!


I got the top finished! It's not as huge as I was thinking. It is 83" x 83". Even a tad small for a queen, technically. It felt huge after making so many baby quilts.

Now I can get it to the machine quilter. It's a surprise gift for a friend who doesn't read my blog, so I think I'm safe in showing it to you.

I'm still a little disappointed with that green star that is not blue enough, but I guess it'll do.

Can't wait to see how Diane will quilt it. She's a "5-star" quilter so I know it'll be gorgeous, whatever she does.

P.S. This pattern is from a book, Big Blocks Big Style by Gudrun Erla.

6 comments:

Brenda said...

this is really striking. great flimsy finish!

Nann said...

It must have been a challenge to keep all those sections oriented correctly. When I saw the thumbnail (on Bloglovin') I looked twice--thought it was cross-stitch at first!

Lovely colorway.

Nanci Stokes said...

OMG I cannot believe the size of your little squares! Beautiful!, Beautiful!

knitnkwilt said...

You are the only one who knows what you intended (blue vs green); the rest of us will just see what is there and like it.

goodnightgram said...

I have to agree with Nann. I thought it was cross-stitch too. Very pretty indeed! Wow!

torinainstitches said...

I love that this looks like counted cross-stitch (probably since I'm a cross-stitcher). This is just beautiful.