Thursday, December 25, 2008

Our Carniverous Christmas

Today we had Round #2 Christmas with daughter and her BF. We chatted, ate dinner, opened gifts, chatted some more. It was nice. Next year, though, I hope all 4 can come on the same day. I like it when we can all get together, do some family bonding and all that melty stuff. We shall see.



We served our roast and included some vegan leftovers. Yum. Dessert was a little more traditional than last night. Tonight we had sweet, gooey things: turtles and some layered sweet morsels that I make every year, and then I eat most of them myself.

Husband is nestled all snug in his bed, tired after two days of entertaining. I'm still up, because I'm a Night Owl, and because I'm reading a blog from way back to the present; it is so interesting. It's like reading a good book (nonfiction) that I can hardly put down. Thanks for sharing all your thought-provoking stories and your humor and compassion, T. Your mind is golden.

Here are my two kid-groups: daughter and BF



son and fiancee



and fiancee snuggling with Cat.



I'm in love with life!

2 comments:

Darcie said...

You're a lot like my Mom...always wanting everyone to have the very best. She wants no one to miss out!

Merry (belated) Christmas, Carol! Enjoy your days (and nights) of holiday fun.

Torina said...

There must be some genetic law that says that tabby cats will grow to enormous sizes. I have had two and both were just as big as your kitty! LOL Thanks for the mention!! Sounds like you had a very nice Christmas.