Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A Part-Time Hippie Finds Some Thread

You're Not Exactly a Hippie...

While you're not a hippie, you've got the spirit of one.
Like most hippies, you have deep beliefs and unusual interests.

You may not buy into hippie fashions, music, or heavy drug use.
But at heart, you are a free spirit and suspicious of the status quo.


I took the Hippie test and find that I'm not a full Hippie, just a sort-of hippie. Sounds about right!



I was in a bathroom at a local college and found this tiny thread. It's probably from someone's travel sewing kit. Thread was splayed out on the counter top, and this was standing there looking all lonely, so I brought it home and used it to make a black binding. Now it's happy because it's doing a good deed and no longer abandoned in the bathroom. The hippie in me wanted to rescue this cute, little spool of thread. The blue one is there just to show how tiny the black one is.

Peace, sister.

2 comments:

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Never seen a spool of thread that small. It was meant to accomplish something. Thanks for the photos...enjoyed the house block /quilt photos. Colleen in South AFrica

Unknown said...

Hmm... it says I am a hippy. Don't let my mom find out, she thinks I reformed since I finally graduated from college!

Love those houses!